Navigation
[TITLE]

[MESSAGE]

[BUTTONS]

Popular questions...

Content

Is it OK for my toddler to eat toothpaste?

It can be toxic for young children to ingest large amounts of toothpaste. Excessive amounts of fluoride, which is found in adult toothpaste, can damage the enamel of the permanent teeth. In very large doses, fluoride can be toxic for toddlers and small children, so it is better to keep adult toothpaste out of the reach of young children.

FAQ Frequently asked questions

Related topics

About this article

Author: Dr Bow Tauro PhD, BSc (Hons)
First answered: 07 Jul 2015
Last reviewed: 19 May 2018
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Votes: 853 (Click smiley face below to rate)
Category: Oral hygiene

×

Content goes in here.